Producer – Ni Nyampinga
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role
The Producer will play a pivotal role in the smooth running of the Marketing and Digital department in the Girl Effect Rwanda office. They will lead on the day-to-day running of a small multi-disciplinary creative team to deliver the Ni Nyampinga creative assets for Ni Nyampinga platforms, and collateral for Ni Nyampinga marketing campaigns and events. In addition to running our brilliant in-house creative team, the Producer will manage numerous freelance creatives, including illustrators and photographers. The Producer will also lead on event production for a range of Ni Nyampinga events, from roadshows through to conferences and screenings.
What You’ll Do
- End-to-end management of the Ni Nyampinga creative and marketing process.
- Building strong working relationships with Ni Nyampinga print and digital editorial teams to deliver brilliant products across platforms.
- Reviewing all internal briefs, creating project plans and timelines, and communicating production clearly to all stakeholders.
- Managing resourcing and scheduling for a small internal creative team, plus additional freelance resource when necessary.
- Contracting, briefing and managing freelancer creatives (including illustrators, photographers, crew)
- Lead on event production for Ni Nyampinga roadshows, festivals, screenings, and managing production of event collateral.
- Leading on event production for B2B events, in conjunction with the Partnerships team.
Who You Are
- 5+ years’ production experience either client-side or in an advertising, marketing or design and branding agency, with a track record of delivering projects across brand, digital, marketing campaigns, and multi-media content production
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the full creative production process; able to maximise efficiency and effectiveness while championing creative excellence
- Significant experience of resourcing and scheduling for multiple creative team members
- Experience of working with inter-disciplinary teams to deliver first-class multi-media products
- Significant experience of delivering B2B and B2C events
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, reprioritize and ‘get stuck in’
- Demonstrable experience of inspiring creativity and innovation in others (internally and with partners) leading to first class creative outcomes
- Demonstrates energy, resilience and passion for the work; taking a solutions focused approach to overcome challenges
- A deep understanding of Rwandan youth culture
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
Deadline to apply – Friday May 4th 2018