Script Pitch 2017
interforum, the fringe program for professional visitors and film enthusiasts at the International Short Film Festival interfilm Berlin is again welcoming short film projects for our international Script Pitch competition.
The call for projects opens on August 1
INTERNATIONAL SCRIPT PITCH COMPETITION
We’re looking for captivating screenplays and pitches for short films that blow us away! Three fabulous awards await you!
In addition, German projects will also have the opportunity to get preselected by the German Short Film Association for Euro Connection 2018 at Clermont Ferrand Short Film Festival 2018. Eligible projects may be considered for Euro Connection upon applying to the Script Pitch 2017.
Script Pitch contestants will have 5 minutes to present their ideas to a jury of film, production and media professionals. Directly after each pitch, participants will be given a brief individual appraisal by the international jury. A Meet & Greet for competitors and the audience will be held afterwards, to maximize the interlinking of creative and industry professionals in an open forum.
First off, a pre-selection committee will select 8 applicants to attend the Script Pitch. Each selected contestant will receive an accreditation pass (max. 2 per project) for all events and screenings at the International Short Film Festival interfim Berlin 2017. In addition to the Script Pitch competition, which will be held on Saturday, 25 November 2017 at Volksbühne Berlin, all participants are provided with a practical and stimulating workshop programme to accompany the competition within the Script Lab. The awards will be given in the frame of the Official Award Ceremony of the interfilm Festival on 26 November 2017.
interforum has scheduled the following courses for all Script Pitch contestants:
SCRIPT LAB & PITCH TRAINING & COMPETITION
21-23 November 2017: Script Consulting & Script Development
24 November 2017: Workshop on Pitching & Presenting
25 November 2017: Script Pitch Competition
26 November 2017: Official Award Ceremony
- Applicants must be over 18 to enter.
- To register, please complete our application form. Please note, that a finished script of the submitted lm project is required to participate in the Script Pitch and must be attached to the application. The application form will be published online soon.
- We cannot accept any further material. Additional files, DVDs or any kind of attachment will not be considered. Exception : Animatics for animated projects are allowed and will be considered.
- The competition focus is on the pitch as well as the script. The Script Pitch places particular emphasis on the combination of both a captivating script and a convincing delivery in front of the jury.
- Application to the Script Pitch requires a nished script of the lm which must be sent in upon pre-selection. Please do not apply if your script is incomplete.
- All scripts must be for a short ction lm under 20 minutes (either live-action, animation or short series)
- As the competition and workshops will be held entirely in English, you must be able to express yourself in English, both written and orally to take part in the programme.
- Although it is free of charge to participate in the Script Pitch, we kindly ask participants to organise and pay for their own travel and accommodation.
- Upon application you automatically con rm that you will be able to take part in the competition on the given terms and that you will organise your travel and stay in Berlin.
- Applicants are required to be in Berlin from 21 – 26 November 2017.
- inter lm Festival accreditation passes will be provided free of charge for up to 2 members of each project participating at the Script Pitch.
05 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Script Pitch contestants will be notifed at the end of September.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Script Pitch Competition
Nele Luise Fritzsche