Welcome to the applicants to La Fabrique Cinéma
You will find below the selection criteria for the call of entries of La Fabrique Cinéma de l’Institut français 2018. Please note that there is no registration fee
- Directors must come from one of the eligible countries.
- The project must be the director’s first or second feature-length film (fiction, documentary or animation).
- The project must have a local producer (or a producer from one of the eligible countries) who has produced a short- or feature-length film in the last five years.
- Each director or production company may only submit one film project.
- Co-producers may not apply but they must appear in the registration form.
- La Fabrique’s program is mainly designed to find French and European coproducers. Therefore, priority will be given to projects that don’t have French or European coproducers attached.
- The director and the producer must speak English
- Application must be complete to be considered.
All projects must be registered and received online by Wednesday, November, 8th, 2017 at the latest. A maximum of 120 projects will be accepted.
Please note that you must provide the following information to be eligible for the selection process. Please read each question carefully as you will be unable to navigate between sections, except by consulting the pop-up menu. You must fill in each field correctly and upload the mandatory documents before validating the registration form.
Mandatory fields (in French or English)
- Eligible country
- Last name/ first name/ email/ phone and country of the director from one of the eligible countries
- Last name/ first name/ email/ phone and country of the producer from one of the eligible countries
- Name of the co-producer(s) (if applicable)
- Film title in original language and English
- Language of the project
- Film genre
- Film summary (40 words maximum)
- Synopsis (1 page maximum)
- Project status and reasons for participating in La Fabrique Cinéma de l’Institut français (2 pages maximum)
- Estimated production schedule
- Estimated budget
- Links to previous works of the director
Mandatory documents (in French or English)
- Treatment (20 pages maximum)
- Script (draft version or conversational continuity)
- Director’s statement (2 pages maximum)
- Financing plan
- Director’s CV and filmography
- Producer’s CV and filmography
- Photo of the director (300 dpi – high resolution)
Optional documents (in French or English)
- Detailed production schedule
- Detailed budget
- Project stills (300 dpi – high resolution)
- Production company profile
If there is no film of the director available online, 3 DVDs must be sent by post to:
8-14, rue du Capitaine Scott
Please note that if links to previous films made by the director are available online, we don’t need to receive DVDs.
Click the link below for more details on how to apply.